Thursday 25 June 2009

R4L & Fabby NSV

Did my Race for Life last night in Harrogate.

Excellent event, this was my third time of doing it and I am very pleased to say i beat my previous best time :O)

Last year I did it in 56m 43s, this year, wait for it....... 51m 17s!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo Hoooooooo I couldn't believe it! So very very chuffed, a steady walk, no puffin and panting and no red face at the end, might actually try to join the joggers next year!

Also walking with me was my mum, she is stick thin and walks across Wales for fun, however she said she had trouble keeping up, excellent! In addition that was the first time I had seen my mum since joining and I hadn't told her about my 4st loss, (mum has always been thin and doesn't understand how people get to be as fat as i reached, plus she obsesses about how much weight I lose every week whenever I tell her I'm on a diet), anyway the look on her face when she saw me was priceless! She is dead proud of me - which is fab :O)

BTW good luck to everyone walking/jogging/running their R4L, especially anyone who is taking part in the York event on Sunday, I shall be there cheering you on as I am a volunteer marshall for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Well done for knocking more than 5 mins off your time - you must feel very proud of yourself. I'm from Harrogate, but don't live there now - moved away last year, so but for a few months, I could have been there cheering you on. How fantastic a surprise for your mum. I'm not surprised she's proud too.

    ReplyDelete