Friday 7 August 2009

Cardio Wave Machine

or how the gym nearly killed me!

as it's the school holidays i really have no excuse for not visiting the gym and as a result I have been going everyday (pushing for the 6 stones by my 40th in Sept!)

so last week i thought i would try the cardio wave machine, it's like a step machine, you have two foot pads and basically you lift your knees and you kind of float, sounds weird and is!

OH MY GOD after 1 minute i thought i might die, it is the hardest thing i have ever done in my entire life, i swear! but, i did manage to stay on for 5 minutes and had to stop when i could no longer feel my knees! when i got off (fell off) i couldn't walk and had to lean ungraciously against a metal divider lol

however, i have persevered with it and today i am pleased to say that i have increased my time to 5.5 mins and could still feel my knees at the end, although breathing was a bit of a luxury!
obviously as i am writing this i survived and i am determined to get to the 10 minute mark

No comments:

Post a Comment