Friday 4 September 2009

Not the wrong trousers, but SMALL trousers!

After spending the summer break living in my jogging bottoms I finally had to bite the bullet and go shopping for new work clothes!
My one pair of 'smart' trousers were massive and only stayed by using a comp style belt tie and as a result I looked and felt like a sack of spuds tied in the middle!

Headed straight to Evans, more out of habit than anything else, picked up a few items in the next size down from the ones I was wearing only to find they were also too BIG :O)
Slowly I picked up a size 20 and gingerly stepped into them, praying the seams would hold - joy of joys they fit perfectly!!!!! OMG I can't remember the last time I wore trousers that small!
That was it then, I got all giddy and started trying on tops in smaller sizes and found that they fitted too, however I couldn't find any that I liked in Evans so I headed out of my comfort zone and towards the world of 'normal' shops, eeeek

Success was mine however, and M&S soon managed to take more than a few shekels off me and I almost, almost went crazy in Monsoon! What I find the most staggering is that clothes seem so expensive in what I call 'normal' shops, I've always found Evans OK price wise but now i can see that I really did get a lot of cloth for my money!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that's a reference to Wallace and Gromit? If so.... I <3 you =P And congrats on the size!!!

    ReplyDelete